50 stunningly romantic wedding ceremony songs
From your walk down the aisle, to your exit together as a newly-married couple, the songs you select for your wedding ceremony have a hugely significant role to play in your day.
Whether you prefer an operatic aria, a classic torch song or a pop ballad, the music that you choose to accompany your wedding ceremony has the power to enhance the moment and add an even greater depth of emotion.
Every ceremony is unique - so what music is right for your day will be very much a matter of personal preference. It may be a special tune that sums up a memory from your relationship; it might be the opening chords of a melody that never fails to send shivers down your spine; or it may be a line or two of lyrics that perfectly express your feelings for each other.
If you're looking for some inspiration for your ceremony music, then here are fifty stunningly romantic wedding ceremony songs that we think are a fantastic place to start:
1) "All of Me" - John Legend
"Cause all of me loves all of you, all your curves and all your edges, all your perfect imperfections..."
2) "All You Need is Love" - The Beatles
"There's nothing you can do that can't be done, nothing you can sing that can't be sung..."
3) "A Moment Like This" - Kelly Clarkson
"Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this, some people search forever for that one special kiss..."
4) "And I Love Her" - The Beatles
"I give her all my love, that's what I do, and if you saw my love, you'd love her too..."
5) "Annie's Song" - John Denver
"You fill up my senses, like a night in the forest, like the mountains in springtime, like a walk in the rain..."
6) "A Thousand Years" - Christina Perri
"I have died every day waiting for you, darling don't be afraid I will love you fora thousand years..."
7) "At Last" - Etta James
"I found a dream that I could cling to, a dream that I could call my own..."
8) "By Your Side" - Sade
"If you want to cry I'll be here to dry your eyes and in no time you'll be fine..."
9) "Chasing Cars" - Snow Patrol
"I don't quite know how to say what I feel, those three words are said too much..."
10) "Come Away With Me" - Norah Jones
"Come away with me in the night, come away with me and I will write you a song..."
11) "Come What May" - Moulin Rouge
"I want to vanish inside your kiss, everyday I'm loving you more and more..."
12) "Crazy Love" - Van Morrison
"I can hear her heartbeat for a thousand miles, and the heavens open every time she smiles..."
13) "Dindi" - Jane Monheit
"If I only had words I would say all the beautiful things that I see when you're with me..."
14) "Dream a Little Dream" - The Mamas and the Papas
"Stars shining bright above you, night breezes seem to whisper I love you..."
15) "Everything" - Michael Buble
"You're a falling star, you're the getaway car, you're the line in the sand when I go too far..."
16) "Feeling Good" - Nina Simone
"Dragonflies out in the sun, you know how I feel, butterflies all having fun you know how I feel..."
17) "Fields of Gold" - Sting/Eva Cassidy
"Will you stay with me, will you be my love, among the fields of barley. .."
18) "Halo" - Beyonce
"Standing in the light of your halo I got my angel now..."
19) "Heartbeats" - Jose Gonzalez
"One night of magic rush, the start a simple touch..."
20) "Heaven" (Candlelight Mix) - DJ Sammy
"Once in your life you find someone that will turn your world around, bring you up when your feeling down..."
21) "How Long Will I Love You" - Ellie Goulding
"How long will I love you, as long as stars are above you and longer if I can..."
22) "I'm Yours" - Jason Mraz
"I won't hesitate no more no more, I cannot wait I'm yours..."
23) "I Put a Spell on You" - Nina Simone
"I put a spell on you, cause you're mine..."
24) "Just the Two of Us" - Bill Withers/ Grover Washington Jnr
"Just the two of us, we can make it if we try, just the two of us, you and I..."
25) "Kiss From a Rose" - Seal
"There is so much a man can tell you, so much he can say, you remain my power, my pleasure, my pain..."
26) "Let's Stay Together" - Al Green
"I'm so in love with you, whatever you want to do is alright with me..."
27) "Loving You" - Minnie Riperton
"Loving you is easy cause you're beautiful..."
28) "Make it With You" - Bread
"And if I chose the one I'd like to help me through, I want to make it with you..."
29) "Moon River" - Frank Sinatra
"Two drifters, off to see the world, there's such a lot of world to see..."
30) "More Than Words" - Extreme
"All you have to do is close your eyes and just reach out your hands..."
31) "My Love" - Paul McCartney
"And when she goes away, I know my heart will stay with my love, it's understood..."
32) "Nights in White Satin" - The Moody Blues
"Cause I love you, yes I love you, oh how I love you..."
33) "Ribbon in the Sky" - Stevie Wonder
"Oh so long for this night I prayed, that a star would guide you my way..."
34) "Songbird" - Eva Cassidy
"To you I would give the world, to you I would never be cold..."
35) "Thank You" - Dido
"I want to thank you for giving me the best day of my life..."
36) "The Look of Love" - Dusty Springfield
"I can hardly wait to hold you, feel my arms around you, how long I have waited..."
37) "Thinking Out Loud" - Ed Sheeran
"Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars, place your head on my beating heart..."
38) "Time After Time" - Cyndi Lauper
"If you're lost you can look and you will find me, time after time..."
39) "Unchained Melody" - The Righteous Brothers
"I need your love, I need your love, God speed your love to me..."
40) "Unforgettable" - Nat King Cole
"Unforgettable that's what you are, unforgettable though near or far..."
41) "We Found Love" (Acoustic) - Rihanna
"Yellow diamonds in the light, and we're standing side by side..."
42) "We Have All the Time in the World" - Louis Armstrong
"All the precious things love has in store, we have all the time in the world..."
43) "We've Only Just Begun" - The Carpenters
"We've only just begun to live, white lace and promises, a kiss for luck and we're on our way..."
44)" Where I Sleep" - Emeli Sande
"There's nowhere that I woudn't follow, there's nothing that I won't do for your kiss..."
45) "Wherever You Will Go" - The Calling/Charlene Soraia
"If I could, then I would, I'll go wherever you will go..."
46) "You Are So Beautiful" - Joe Cocker
"You're everything I hope for, you're everything I need. You are so beautiful to me..."
47) "You Do Something to Me" - Paul Weller
"You do something to me, something deep inside, touching my emotions..."
48) "You Got the Love" - Florence and the Machine
"Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air, I know I can count on you..."
49) "You Make Loving Fun" - Fleetwood Mac "
Sweet wonderful you, you make me happy with the things you do..."
50) "You're in My Heart" - Rod Stewart
"I didn't know what day it was when you walked into the room..."
Choosing the music for your wedding ceremony is a fantastic opportunity to create something truly unique and original to you. If you're not quite sure where to start or you'd like a little more inspiration then why not check out our eBook.